ECONOMIC THEORY AND ECONOMIC REALITY
International scientific conference
e t e r 2014
November 13-14th, 2014
under the auspices of the Governor of the National Bank of Slovakia
Assoc. Prof. Jozef Makúch, PhD.,
Rector of the University of Economics in Bratislava
Dr. h. c. Prof. Rudolf Sivák, PhD.,
Confrontation of theoretical approaches and knowledge in the context of current problems of economic realities of the current economic development.
Topics of the conference:
- The relevance of institutional theory for the current period of development of Slovak and European economy,
- Comparison of the elements of the knowledge-based economy in Slovakia and the EU,
- Contradictions formation of human capital in the knowledge-based economy,
- Analysis ofthe mainheterodoxapproaches to the economic theory,
- Trends in economic systems in the new economic reality,
- Development of international migration in the context of globalization processes,
- The impacts of the financial and debt crisis in the EU countries,
- Alternative approaches to measuring economic performance.
- Assoc. Prof. Jozef Makúch, PhD., Governor of the National Bank of Slovakia,
- Dr. h. c. Prof. Rudolf Sivák, PhD., Rector of the University of Economics in Bratislava,
- Dr. h. c. Prof. Václav Klaus, CSc., Ex-president of the Czech Republic,
- Ingrid Brocková, PhD., Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Slovak Republic to the OECD
- Livia Klausová, Her Excellency, Czech Republic Ambassador to the Slovak Republic,
- Assoc. Prof. Miroslav Ševčík, CSc., Dean of the Faculty of Economics, the University of Economics, Prague.
NOTICE: Published proceedings are subject to submission for evaluation and possible coverage in the Thomson Conference Proceedings Citation Index accessible in the Web of Science database.